Rare Art Registry
R.A.R.E. is the first platform for artists to sell scarce copies of their digital works. Like numbered prints, digital art files are made scarce as tokens on the Ethereum blockchain.
There are 2 Types of Tokens:
Art tokens are issued for every piece of art uploaded to the R.A.R.E. Network. Artists sell these scarce tokens to collectors, and collectors can trade freely.
Supply: Artist’s Discretion
ERC-20 / ERC-721
RARE Token is needed to submit art to the R.A.R.E. Registry. It is paid to those who hunt down fraud and spam.
Artists, Collectors and Gallerists
come together in the R.A.R.E. Network
An artist partners with an auctioneer to issue art tokens for a work. For a commission on proceeds, the auctioneer tokenizes and promotes the art.
Collectors buy or bid on RARE digital art at an auctioneer. Art tokens, like RARE Token, are stored in a collector's Ethereum wallet and can be bought, sold, and traded with other collectors.
The Registry stores a canonical list of all certified RARE Assets. Artists make a RARE Token deposit to submit a work to The Registry. Hodlers of RARE Token get voting power, and rewards are given to those who identify fraud and spam.
Gallerists curate lists of RARE Assets, exhibiting their tastes and preferences. Artists can pay for the promotion and inclusion of their works.
RARE Token is Distributed Broadly
in R.A.R.E. Network
- Deployment of RARE Tokens
- Operational IPFS node
- Deployment of contract for content upload & art token issuance
- Deployment of order book asset sale contract
- Live R.A.R.E. auctioneer site supporting transactional volume
- Deployment of auction sale contract
- Deployment of R.A.R.E. Registry contract
- Live, hosted R.A.R.E. Registry API
- Searchable R.A.R.E. auctioneer content library
- Implemented R.A.R.E. auctioneer user profiles and portfolios
Expected August 2018
- Deployment of gallery maintenance & promotion contracts
- Release of open source gallery web app